Christmas Morning





Ever since he was a little boy, The Blog Tech has loved Yule Logs and asks for one each Xmas.

 In general, I find that the ones you buy are rather lackluster.

My daughter made one this year and it was exceptional.  She made the meringue mushrooms and the chocolate ganache pinecones. (click for a closer look) She made a lot of extra mushrooms which are The Blog Techs favorites.  He was eating them like Will Ferrel ate the cotton balls in Elf.





 This year I made an avocado toast table and it was a huge hit.

 I made a couple different spreads and put out salted radishes and red onions.


 I mashed avocados with lime juice and made an arugula salad.  I sliced hard boiled eggs and sprinkled them with cracked black pepper and sea salt. I also served fried eggs which everyone ate.  They are so good on top of avocado toast.

 I added cream cheese with green onions and smoked salmon and capers.

And pierogies, always pierogies!  They were served on the side, not on top of the toast.



 And lots of bacon, ham.


 Also, an assortment of sausages.

Everyone loved it because they could create their own combinations.  I toasted some sourdough and multigrain bread.



Before eating we unwrapped presents.  As you can see the W's had a lot of fun.  Winnie is sitting on Willie's head giving my daughter-in-law attack kisses.

Comments

Valerie said…
Your feast looks amazing! Wishing you the best of the season and a wonderful new year!
The pine cones and mushrooms on the Yule Log are outstanding! They look so real!
Rain said…
Oh I love attack kisses!!! LOL...that make me laugh! What a great photo! I agree, the Yule Log cake looks awesome! I have managed to make meringue mushrooms in the past, but never ventured to try the pine cones, I'm inspired for next year!!! :)
Anonymous said…
Thank you for such a great blog. I made your stollen recipe last night, and it is the best recipe ever. I wish I had had your avocado bar idea when my son and daughter in law were here for an early Christmas-but there is always next year. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and recipes you share.

Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year.
Leanna said…
That table looks so yummy and the puppies have grown! Christmas is always a favorite for dogs. All the excitement and the extra people that they get to give kisses to. Cats? Meh, not so much. Cats like it quiet around the house.
I surprised David with Luling sausage, poached eggs, and latkes for breakfast this morning. I had to drive all the way up to Luling to get it yesterday but hey, it was worth the 30-minute drive. I also picked up 2lbs of Luling brisket. While I was walking around I found a few Yule gifts for David. Shopping after Christmas is always wonderful.
The food looks like always delicious!

I can imagine how much the W's loved Christmas :-)

Have a good continuing of Yule!

Christer.
Mary said…
Amazing, I will just sit there and eat pierogis and bacon thank you very much!
Laura said…
Your blog is always a joy to read! Happy Holidays to you, your family and those wonderful puppies!
TARYTERRE said…
the yule log looks nice, mushrooms and all. i love avocado toast.
Guillaume said…
Oh I love Yule logs, all Yule logs, and this one puts the ones I bought here and the ones my parents baked to shame!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Thanks for sharing such delicious foods. It seems like you're a cook freak person. I really like your passion and efforts. However, the photos you have shared are very mouthwatering. It is obvious that the photographer took the photos perfectly. However, I’m working with different photo retouching services for editing kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing. Keep going. photo retouching