2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1" pieces
3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 6 limes)
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Pack the pineapple into a 1-pint glass jar with resealable lid. Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, Sriracha, and garlic in a bowl until combined; pour lime mixture over pineapple to completely cover the fruit. Seal jar with lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
This will be served with carved ham.
|I line my pate' terrine with bacon and add bay leaves.|
The recipe: http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2015/09/irresistible-pate_22.html
- 2 pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup hot sauce (I recommend Franks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (depending on spice preference) I used a sprinkling.
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients for the firecracker sauce over medium high heat, allow to come to a boil, reduce the heat so it simmers. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools so don’t worry if it looks thin.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, salt pepper, eggs, panko, paprika, and onion powder. Use a mixer to combine all the ingredients together. DO NOT OVERMIX, it will result in drier meatballs. Just mix enough to combine.
- Shape the meat mixture into ball. You can also do this with an ice cream scoop. Place shaped meatballs on prepared baking sheet. bake for 11-13 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- Using 2 tablespoon, dip each individual meatball into the sauce. Alternately, you can brush each meatball with the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes. Drizzle or brush with additional sauce as desired.
Okay, enough of this typing! I am back to cooking and baking. I have lots to do before tomorrow. I'll post pics of the table before I unleash the guests on it.