Chocolate Sugar Cookies


 This is a new recipe I made yesterday.  I figured I should make some chocolate cookies for the chocolate lovers though that whole thing eludes me.  Not only do I hate chocolate, I hate baking with it.  I saved the worst for last so these last few days I will be immersed  in all things chocolate.

 If you are a chocolate lover, these cookies are for you.  They are rich dark chocolate with crisp edges and chewy centers.


 The Recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 c. brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c. + 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used cocoa rouge)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 c. granulated sugar (for rolling)

Directions:

1.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. 
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. 
3. Add vanilla and espresso powder, mix until combined.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. 
5. Add the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms. 
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, set aside.
9. Using a standard size cookie scoop (#40 or 1.5 tablespoons), scoop dough and roll in the granulated sugar. I made mine with a 1 tablespoon scoop.
10. Place on prepared sheet, then bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should be soft in the center but set on the edges. Mine baked for 11 minutes.

11. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

 Early morning Willie.



Sleepy eyes.

And might this be a smile, Wils?  Maybe a tiny little smile from Grumpy Puppy.

Comments

I have sleepy eyes too, Willie!
Leanna said…
Baking and puppies. I don't like baking with chocolate cocoa powder. It's very messy and gets into everything. I have to bake with it only when I make my brownies or chocolate cake.
Christer. said…
I do like sugar cookies but never made any myself, somehow they always find a way home to me anyway when someone else has made them :-) :-) Never seen chocolate ones before though, does sound rather delicious :-)

Willy is as cute as always :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Bee Haven Bev said…
I swear, I've gained 10 just reading your posts!!! Can't wait to crash the wedding!!
Guillaume said…
Oh yummy chocolate cookies! I want them!
TARYTERRE said…
grumpy puppy is cute. the cookies look delicious.
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Thanks for sharing such mouth-watering cookies recipes. I like to capture and edit delicious food images as I’m working on an Image post-production platform for editing the images. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again.image post-production