My Daughter's Birthday


Yesterday was my daughter's birthday.  We were going to take everyone out to dinner but at the last minute, she decided she wanted me to cook.  She baked her own cake.  This is a white chocolate coconut cake and it is fantastic.





I made fried chicken.  I realized I had not made fried chicken for 7 years so I guess it was time.  One of the perks of having a blog, you can check on when you last made something.





I also made this garlic butter bubble bread.

 It was in the mid 70's so we had our first Summer meal of the year.





You can find my recipe for the chicken by typing 'fried chicken' into my search bar.

 I made coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salad.

The W's slept while we ate and then Ziggy came to visit and they played until they dropped.  They were so tired that I had to wake them up this morning. Oh and BTW, it is snowing today.

Comments

Guillaume said…
That looks delicious.
Leanna said…
Nothing like fried chicken to please the birthday soul. That cake looks awesome.
A real comfort food meal! Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Christer. said…
That looks delicious!

We had a snow fall here too, only lasted a minute or two but it was still too much :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Happy Birthday to your daughter! Her cake baking and decorating skills are awesome!! She takes after her mamma! :) Your chicken looks SO DAMN GOOD...and I love the table setting! Oh, you must be happy about the snow! :)
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, very nice and delicious food you have shared. It seems like you're a cook freak person. I really like your passion and efforts. However, the photos you have shared are very mouthwatering. I’m working with different clipping path platforms. Thanks for sharing your daughter's birthday arrangements with all of us. Happy birthday to her. clipping path