I also made them a big meat and cheese platter. The kids love it when I make these.
I put every kind of Easter egg I could find on this. There was something for everyone.
- 8 oz. of cooked farfalloni pasta, (or farfalle pasta better known as bow ties or butterflies) being careful not to overcook it, once cooked cool it off with cold water.
- ½ jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ bag of defrosted peas
- 2 cups of sliced multi colored cherry tomatoes prepped for ten minutes in a good drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped basil so that the tomato juices and olive oil mingle together
- 1 bunch of medium thick asparagus, sliced in thirds and pre roasted until al dente.
- zucchini ribbons done with a vegetable peeler. Don't use the part with seeds.
- 1 or 2 handfuls of arugula
- fresh basil and parsley
- 1 part white balsamic vinegar to 3 parts olive oil with a touch of dijon mustard and 1 Tablespoon of honey. Whisk everything together adding salt and pepper to taste
- Take a big bowl and place all your ingredients into it, spooning the dressing in little by little and adding salt and pepper to taste and being nice and gentle tossing it.
- Then place it all onto a pretty platter adding more zucchini ribbons, peas, artichoke hearts or whatever else to make it look balanced with the veggies.
- Spoon more dressing if needed.
It uses all of the Spring vegetables too.