The Garden


 This is one of the Amish markets we often drive to.

 They tapped into their artistic side when they planted this year.  They must have hit up the local thrift shop and planted flowers in purses.

We drive by this cute little house that is always wonderfully decorated.  I couldn't get any closer but the porch has giant bees and bee hives on it.

 An Amish farm and the family.


 If you enlarge this and look closely you will see a chow chow sitting on the driveway.  This family has 2 chow chows and we drive by and wave to them every time we are in the area.

 I bought rhubarb and turned it into sauce as soon as we came home.


 I still make it the same way my grandfather made his.  Very tart and very good!





I made 6 quarts of strawberry jam.  It's biscuit season!


 Winnie got dressed up.


 Willie watched with his weird crooked little shaved legs.  This pup twists his legs in the strangest shapes when he lays down.


 Some of my geraniums surrounding my potting table.

 Tomatoes and lots of herbs are planted.

 Celery, peppers and tomatoes intermingled with geraniums and marigolds.




I repotted 2 of my bay trees and added some frogs and mushrooms.


 Winnie helped even though she was hot.

I think this is a smile on grumpy Willies face.  At least as close to a smile as I've ever seen.

Comments

Leanna said…
David doesn't understand why I like to drive around and look at older homes. It's for decor ideas. I see what others have and I come up with ideas for our place. Awwww, the puppies. So darned cute it hurts. Willie's shaved legs remind me of poodle legs. Sorry little dude but I would be making fun of your legs 24/7.
TARYTERRE said…
love those plants in purses. very cool. winnie looks adorable with the pretty bow. poor willie needs a treat so he will smile.
Rain said…
Awww...Winnie looks so cute with her bow!! :) That Amish market is lovely, how neat that they planted in purses!!! :) Very artistic!!! I love your geraniums Joyce, no wonder they make you smile!!! I hope you have a good harvest with your veggies this year! Mine aren't any where near in the ground yet!
Guillaume said…
Lovely pictures, as usual.