We Are Out of Puppy Jail

Willie saw the surgeon yesterday and she removed his stitches.  She said his eyes look wonderful and that he should never have trouble with them again.  From birth, the poor little guy has felt like he's had something in his eyes He had entropian which means his eyelids were rolled in and his lashes were scratching his eyes.
 An eye lift was needed and that's exactly what we did. He was hardly allowed to do anything these last two weeks and we had to be with him 24/7 to administer drops and meds and to keep him from playing and scratching.  It was a LOOOONG two weeks.  But now, his neck tube is gone and he has the green light to be a puppy again.  I just wish I could see his eyes.  They are in there somewhere.

 I still can't see them.  They are like The Black Hole of Calcutta.  These two missed their regular grooming and they are a little rough around the edges.





Winnie says....you can see my eyes mama!  Yes I can Winnie, yes I can.

 We are so lucky to be having Fall weather during mid May!  The pups love it as much as I do.  I made a big pot of WV soup beans yesterday.


They must be served with diced onion and chow chow.  I made the chow chow too.  You can find all of the recipes by typing them in my search bar.  I served it with a wedge of my sweet bread. I am enjoying every second of this weather before the heat returns.

Comments

Free at last! Congrats!
Leanna said…
Aww. Yes, they do look kind of scraggly but you'll send them off for a thorough grooming. The soup looks soooo good. I wanted to make some chili over the weekend but David said it was too warm outside. It was in the 60's for gawd sake.
Rain said…
I'm glad you're enjoying the weather and yay for healthy pups!!! Willie's eyes really are almost hidden aren't they??? They are such cuties. Your soup looks great!
Leanne said…
thrilled the operation was a huge success. I wonder what Willie will choose to do in his freedom.
Guillaume said…
Always to send your animals to the vet.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Yes, I thought of you today... knowing that you are enjoying this cool weather!! Time to put your pumpkins out!! LOL. Glad to see the pups are back on their feet and ready for their backyard adventures together!
ninergirl04 said…
So glad to hear that Willie's operation was a success. Fyi, the condition is actually called entropion. My very first Irish Setter had the same thing. Love your pups!
TARYTERRE said…
glad to hear willie is on the mend.