The First Fall Festival 2019 Part 1

 Yesterday, we left early in the morning to drive to our first Fall festival of the year.  We drove through the mountains and could see the slightest tinges of gold on the trees.  I'm expecting exceptional colors this year due to all the rain we've had.

 As we left the mountains, we drove through farm country as far as the eye could see.


 We passed lots of historic homes and log cabins.

 Here's another one...sorry for the blur but I am driving as I do this.


 We arrived just as the festival began and the lines were already long. The festival is held in the woods, under the trees.

This man carves rocking animals.  You can see a giraffe off to the right.

 This woodworker had very nice things.  I particularly like the short benches at this table that can be used as side tables in your home and then moved to the table and used as seating when needed.  As my Thanksgiving becomes larger each year, I need more seating. I hate to buy more chairs so I am going to see if the man that built my tables can create these to match it.

 My favorite basket lady.... and I refrained.  If there is one thing I don't need, it's more baskets.


 Pillows.

 And brooms!  Again, I refrained.  If there is a second thing I don't need, it's another broom!

 Though it was very tempting!  Click any pic for a closer look.


 These walking sticks were topped with skulls and antlers.  Very cool.

 Leather belts from the tanner.


 Fall was on full blast.


 Cheery sunflowers and pumpkins everywhere.


 These were ceramic.

And look at these mushrooms!  I refrained again.  Have I learned restraint in my older years?  I think so.


More to come tomorrow!

Comments

Christer. said…
I do like to follow You oin these festivals! Always lots of things I would like to buy so I guess it is a good thing I live on the other side of the ocean :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mary said…
I am hoping Part II means you bought something! You showed great restraint, I would have fallen to temptation with the baskets.
Leanna said…
I would have to bring at least $2k and a truck to get out of there alive and then I would have to explain everything to David. Especially the walking stick with the skull and antlers.
"Really, that just jumped into the back of the truck, dear."
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Guillaume said…
Oh I envy you so much for having so early your first autumn festival! There is one in our little town around the beginning of September, it is called a carnival, but it truly is an autumn/harvest festival.
Teacats said…
Oh just so wonderful!! those brooms, baskets and mushrooms would just have to come home with me!! Outstanding talented artisans - real deep Magic right in the heart of the Woods! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Betty said…
It looks wonderful and I do need more brooms.
I have a friend here in Alabama who cuts the white oak, cuts them into the strips for the baskets and weaves them. I have way too many but not as many as I want. But, I do not have one of those brooms.
SonjaC said…
Love these, I want to go!!!!
Rain said…
Oh I love those mushrooms and pumpkins!!! The brooms are wonderful, how did you restrain??? I wouldn't have! Great photos Joyce, how lovely, I wish we had festivals like that here!