A Full Moon and Witches are Coming



 There is a full harvest moon this Friday.

  • The harvest moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox.
  • On Friday, the moon reaches "apogee," the farthest point in its orbit around Earth.
  • It's quite rare for a full moon to appear on Friday the 13th.


 I hope you are having better weather, wherever you are, than we are here.  After a Fall teaser, Summer has returned with a vengeance!  I am placating myself with Autumn dreams.  I'll share a few with you.  Enjoy!

























I h

Comments

Rain said…
Great post! I didn't know that about Abracadabra! Very neat. I love the photos you chose. When I get settled down, I want to build an outdoor kitchen of sorts and a large cauldron on a tripod over a fire is on my wish list. :)
It's disgustingly humid outside, I was in shock when I went outside. The thermometer reads 17 (62F) degrees and it feels like 30 (86F)!
Christer. said…
I didn't know that about Abracadabra either or about avada kedavra either! It's always good to have a revenge spell :-)

Dorian is visiting us but it's noticiable that he now is an old man. He huffs and puffs a bit but that's it, he also bring more rain but I think he could have left that out in the ocean instead :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Valerie said…
Inspirational! The autumnal winds are beginning to blow, leaves are turning slowly, and Mabon is on the horizon. Blessed be!
Guillaume said…
Very interesting about the harvest moon and I will beware of witches tomorrow.
Teacats said…
Friday the 13th Full Moon will indeed be a powerful one! The Crone is on the rise as the Harvest Moon comes in - and will be Drawing Down the Moon!
Create and strengthen the Household and Garden Wards. By Salt and stone and sage!
Stir up some magic in your kitchen, pour cider and light the candles! Too hot here for a bonfire -- but I will be listening to Loreena McKennitt's song The Visit!

Cheers!
Jan