Welcome September

 Though I have already been preparing for Fall, I consider September 1st to be the official beginning. I am so lucky to live in an area where I can see the colors just by looking out of my windows.  I enjoy each day as Fall unfolds.

 I am baking as many Fall flavored things as I can.  My friends and family are more than happy to take them off my hands.

I am also so happy to live in the mountains.  There is nowhere quite as special to appreciate Fall.




I've baked endless pumpkin bread, pumpkin cakes and pumpkin muffins.

 Though the days are still warm, the nights are longer and getting cooler by the week.


In two weeks I will be able to start buying local apple cider.  I only buy unpasteurized andit gets harder to find each year.  Luckily, I have several sources for it.

Fall festival season starts next weekend with so many wonderful ones to choose from.


Comments

Valerie said…
I share your love of fall--seeing a few early maples just beginning to turn.
Betty said…
I live in WV and we have a beautiful fall. I can see the mountains from my kitchen window.
Leanna said…
I'm so glad fall has started. This is the best time of the year.
oh my!
The colors and fall have hit where you are!
We are due in Maine to visit my brother and his wife in Oct....hope we are not in snow....but the colors you show!
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com
NanaDiana said…
Beautiful images! My favorite season-as it was my father's, too. Your pumpkin breads, etc. sound wonderful! xo Diana
Enjoy every day, every hour, every minute and every second of Fall!
Christer. said…
Autumn started with thunder hereand now in the evening it finally cooled down, next week will be cool ands nice :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Happy Autumn Joyce! :) I'm embracing it! :) The bathing suit is hanging lonely on the hanger...the smell of sunscreen long forgotten...pumpkin muffins are in the air...spices, lovely colours on the trees, crisp air...not so bad afterall! ;)
Such beautiful images.
Happy September and Happy Fall/ Autumn … a wonderful time of year :)

All the best Jan
Guillaume said…
Happy September and Happy Autumn! Because yes it started today. It is still a bit warm here, but the season has just started blooming.