Sunday Dinner




We become more Fall-like by the day!
 

We had another big dinner after the football game on Sunday.  I always think it must be so nice to come home from a day out and walk into a sumptuous meal.  I wouldn't know this since I am the cook!

My Daughter and The Chef went to a restaurant a while back that served sticky buns with the main meal.  They thought that was a nice touch so I surprised them by replicating them for our dinner.

Who knew what a hit they would be with everyone!

I've created sticky bun monsters and I'm sure I will be making these often.


Since we finally have wonderful Fall weather, I made a very hearty meal, including these Bavarian bread dumplings.


I served them in a pool of my good vegetable gravy.


I roasted two chickens.

I also made the famous Beecher's mac and cheese from Pike Place Market in Seattle.  Some say this is the best mac and cheese out there.  I disagree though everyone really loved it.


The Blog Tech took a pic of his plate.  It looks like a foodie train wreck.  I made a mushroom sauce for the chicken and I made ramp fried corn as a side.  I used my frozen ramp butter from last Spring.



I also surprised my kids with one of their all time favorites...Rice Krispie Treats.  They each ate one before they dug into dinner.

A Rice Krispie Treat mountain.

My Daughter made a pumpkin cake with brown butter buttercream frosting.  It was so pretty and delicious.


Comments

I'm assuming everyone was in a food coma in no time at all!
Rain said…
That meal looks SO comforting! I must make dumplings for myself very soon!
Leanna said…
Who cleaned up? I know I wouldn't be able to move even if I did cook that whole feast. That puts a shame to Thanksgiving.
Christer. said…
If they hadn't loved that after a day out there would have been something wrong with them :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Susan said…
I can't think of a meal, time of day or occasion that would not call for a sticky bun.
Kay said…
OK... That did it! Now my mouth is watering. I wish I lived at your house.
Guillaume said…
I always get hungry when I read your posts. I want THAT pumpkin cake for Hallowee,
Bee Haven Bev said…
I am so glad that I live far enough that I can't just come over and eat. I don't think I could hold myself back and would end up weighing a ton!!!
LEfting said…
Everything looks delicious! I will search for the dumpling recipe, that's a new one for me! The apple didn't fall far from the tree, your daughters cake is really lovely!!
TARYTERRE said…
everything looks scrumptious.
chickpea678 said…
Wowowow. Look at that feast!!!! The sticky buns, the meatball and that cake look out of this world!!!