A Halloween Party

Though we had warnings all day for heavy rain, thunder, lightening and even tornadoes, Halloween was perfect.
 The rain disappeared and the Trick or Treaters arrived in droves.

 The W's were endlessly interested in the characters showing up at the gate.


 Willie thought that if we kept handing things out, maybe someone would eventually hand something back...to him!

 The evening started out on the warm side but then the temps began to drop.

 The winds began to blow and leaves filled the air.

 It was the perfect Halloween atmosphere.








Almost every one of these bags are gone.

 I made new devotees of the Pao de Queijo.  I don't think I have ever made anything that is as universally popular as these cheese puffs. Everyone becomes a Pao de Queijo addict the moment they take a bite.

 I made a charcuterie platter of assorted cheeses and meats, relishes and nuts.  The small dish front left is candied olives.  My new obsession.

 I made French bread and pretzels to go with everything.

 Crescent moon cookies and tiramisu was dessert.

 I love making grazing tables so people can eat at their own pace.

It was a wonderful Halloween and it is now officially fireplace weather.  The countdown to Thanksgiving begins!

Comments

Susan said…
What a beautiful home you have! You are by any standard the hostess with the mostest on any occasion!
Rain said…
The house looks amazing Joyce! I love your table setting, what's in the coffin? The breadboards are really nice! And I love your butter serving dishes!
You know exactly how to create the perfect party atmosphere with lighting, decorations and food!
Christer. said…
I'm glad the kids could go trick or treating after all :-) I can imagine how disappointed they would have been otherwise.

Everything looks delicious, as always :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Megs said…
Your house looks amazing- you have such attention to detail! That buffet looks wonderful!
Sharon said…
What a perfect Halloween day! As for us, we received hardly any trick o' treaters, and I thought "We can't possibly eat all this candy!" Depending on how you look at it, fortunately or unfortunately two treaters arrived (somewhere between 11 years old and 13 years old), and one asked "How much candy can we have?" He saw from the amount of candy in the bowl, we hadn't received a lot of treaters -- 1 to be exact, and even then I had to paw off candy to the father. I asked, "How much do you want?" Well, now I don't have to wonder whether or not we can eat any remaining candy.
Guillaume said…
I already feel the post Halloween blues. I love the pictures. I wish I could have been to that party.