Busy Days

 I've been putting in 12 hour cooking days prepping for Thursday's feast.  The success of making  a formal sit down dinner for 28 people depends on organization.  If I am nothing else, I am organized!  I start each day by brewing a cup of my favorite Highland tea and dive right in. I have about 10 desserts done and I haven't even started on the pies.  Desserts are playing a big roll this year which I will show you after Thanksgiving.

 Yesterday I made my cranberry cornmeal cake.  Turkey day around here would not be the same if this wasn't on the dessert board.

 It's very easy to make too.  Here is the link to the step by step recipe:

http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2010/11/cranberry-orange-cornmeal-cake-recipe.html


 It can be made 4 days ahead of time and refrigerated.  It's moist, sweet and cranberry tangy with a touch of orange.

This is my first project today.  These sweet potatoes are the size of small footballs!

Comments

Betty said…
WOW you are busy. This year it is just Me and Hubby, but I am still making a normal Thanksgiving dinner. That cornbread sounds good. Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your Family.
Yesterday I put on a dinner party for four -- count 'em, four -- people. I'm exhausted! I can't even imagine putting a feast on for the kind of large crowds you do!
Leanna said…
Busy busy bee. I'm so glad it's just David and myself this year.
Rain said…
Those are some big sweet potatoes! Oh that bread looks yummy! I'd likely start my day with a shot of bourbon if I had all of the work to do! ;)
Guillaume said…
Busy, but "good" busy.
TARYTERRE said…
busy. busy. you are. and as always you make everything look easy. all i can say is you are a wonderful cook and everyone must love you, for all the creations you put on their plates. have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING when you get to finally sit down and relax.