The Day Before Thanksgiving

As I work my butt off, the W's play their little fluffy one's off.  I brought the pumpkins down from the main house to decorate the patio for tomorrow.  I'm fighting off the squirrels that are eating them as fast as I move them.  Some of those giant pumpkins have holes in their backs and the blue bag is full of little ones which surely would be gone by now.  If squirrels eating pumpkins is a sign of what winter will be like, we are in for a doozy.




 The W's are like....bring it on squirrels!

 I couldn't get a pic but if you look up in the trees, the squirrels are hovering.


 Willie likes to hide in the pachysandra thinking they can't see him.

 He also likes to look for fish in the pond.


 And he likes to nap on the stone threshold.

 Winnie keeps her eye on everything. She is the guardian of her domain.

Guess what I am doing this morning?  Onward and upward!


Laugh for the day:

Comments

I hope the Ws are guarding the pumpkins!
Leanna said…
The puppies look so happy in this cooler weather. That sign made me chuckle. David and I went to HEB this morning. Everything that could possibly be related to Thanksgiving that is not in cold cases is in a really big pile in the front of the store as you walk in. It was crowded too and all I wanted to get was honey crisp apples, heavy cream, and butter for baking. I'm making little hand apple pies. David loves them. I'll freeze them and David can take them to work in the morning when he goes back to work next week. Stay warm, don't overdo ( yeah, don't overdo I say to the woman who puts Martha Stewart to shame) and have a wonderful safe happy Thanksgiving.
Christer. said…
A good thing by living at the outskirts of the world is that the squirrels are so shy here that they never leave the forest. Here it's the Magpies that are thge problem, they can destroy anything within minutes :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Happy Thanksgiving in advance!
Rain said…
That last photo is hilarious!!! Oh the W's...those squirrels love to tease dogs! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the fruits of your labour!!! :)
TARYTERRE said…
love the pups. they haven't a care in the world. hope all your plans and cooking come together for a wonderful celebration. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. enjoy.