The Polish Dinner


 The polish dinner was so much fun.  The guests left with tons of leftovers and very full belly's.

 I made the traditional sweet and sour red cabbage.

 This was the braiding process for the Polish bread.

 Here it is before baking.  I forgot to take a final pic but I am making it again today so I will try hard to remember to photograph it.

 Halushki.

 Polish cucumber and dill salad.

Stuffed cabbage in a beef sauce.

Sauerkraut and ribs.  There was a lot more but I got so busy at the last minute that once again, no pics.




Apple pie for dessert and my daughter made a beautiful cake.  Fun times!

Comments

Betty said…
wow, you are going to have to share the recipes now.
TARYTERRE said…
you make the most wonderful things to eat. love everything.
Leanna said…
Sigh, My great grandmother would be so proud of you for your cooking heritage. I would be making Polish and Czech meals every day if I had people that would eat this wonderful food. But alas, I have married a tastebud dead man.
Everything looks so delicious, especially that beautifully braided Polish bread!
Christer. said…
It all look so yummy!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
looks fab, bet everyone loved it
Anonymous said…
Amazing One,

You wouldn't have so many leftovers if you would just invite the rest of us over for your incredible feasts!

Just saying. ;-)
Guillaume said…
It's rare that one knows about Polish food. Except Poles. I love sauerkraut.
Helen said…
Your cucumber and dill salad. Is the 'sauce' milk and vinegar with a tablespoon of sugar? (rough amounts?) My Czech grandmother made (and then my mother and also I) a cucumber dish with those ingredients.
M friend from a Polish heritage made this kind of food. However, she was not a good cook even with her grandmother's cookbook. Yours looks delicious.