New Year's Day Party

 The New Year's party was so much fun!  I haven't had a chance to go through my photos yet but my daughter took these pics with her phone.  I set up my Heisey punch bowl and made my famous "Irish Borscht".  It is a combination of vodka, champagne, fresh lime juice and lemon/lime soda.  It was the hit of the party.  I hadn't made this in years and now have introduced it to a whole new audience and and generation.  I'm sure it will be requested often.

 I made a festive ice ring to float in the punch.

 The last of the Xmas cookies were plated and served.

 I decorated using holly and greens from the garden.

Candles were lit in every room to bring some hygge to the stone cottage.

 On one side of the main room I set up a chili station. I made 15 quarts of chili.


 This Spring greens salad with shaved Parmesan and a lemon/honey vinaigrette was very popular.  All of the garlic bread was eaten. 

 I made a vat of scalloped potatoes.



 The lasagna leftovers were packed up so everyone could take some home to eat today.


The mac and cheese was another hit.  I made it with Beecher's Flagship Cheddar which I order from Seattle.  I think it makes the absolute best lasagna.

 I rearranged and reused the Thanksgiving centerpiece and we topped it with chocolate peppermint cupcakes and chocolate fudge cookies that my daughter made.


People love having desserts sitting right in front of them.  I also made a large tiramisu.  I'll go through my photos later today and post more tomorrow.

Comments

Yes, I do love having dessert near me.

"Life's short; Eat dessert first."
That is so much food. How many people attended? It all looks so delicious.
Megs said…
Another wonderful party! I love the candles, and the chilli station. We’re trapped into the pork and sauerkraut thing. Can you please give your Irish Borscht recipe? Haha
Irish Borscht, LOL! Everything looks lovely and delicious, as usual!
Christer. said…
The food looks delicious and who wouldn't want the lasagna leftoverw!
Yes candles always bring hygge to a home :-)

Have a good continuing og the new year!

Christer.
Leanna said…
It looks like it was an absolute hit. But then again when are your holiday parties never. You are the queen of entertainment my dear.
TARYTERRE said…
wow. what a spread. looks like everything was a big hit with your guests. besides the food... i'm liking the sound of that punch. and dessert so close you can taste it before you sample it. looks like a Happy New Year for sure.
Helen said…
When it comes to cooking for a crowd, you are SOME COOK!
Guillaume said…
Love the food and decorations. I'd had loved to see that party, in spite of my general dislike of new year's celebrations. Now I'm hungry watching all this.
Kay said…
Oh my gosh! It all looks so amazingly beautiful and delicious! You are absolutely the best!
Rain said…
Joyce, everything looks perfect! Oh my gosh, you weren't kidding when you said comfort food! Those potatoes!!! :) I love the candles, they look so pretty!