A Luncheon

So far, my hardest decision regarding the wedding has been deciding just how much cooking I will do. Yesterday I made that decision.    The answer is, not much!  We sat down to lunch with the caterer and made a lot of decisions. We are having a party, the night before the wedding, at our house so that the out of towners will have something to do and all of the wedding guests will have a chance to meet each other. 
 I was planing on doing this party on my own but after much discussion, I cried uncle and offered all control up to the caterer.  I did this not so much because of the food but more so because of the work with the setup and the location of the prep area.  It will be set up in the garage.  I know from years of experience that everyone always ends up in my kitchen.  With servers and prep work, it would be a disaster.  The caterer liked my suggestion of using the garage. 

 I will also be busy with baking all of the cookies for the cookie table which will keep me very busy.


 I'm relieved.  And excited!  I will be served food in my own house...what an experience. And for two days on top of it all.  I'm finally going to have parties I look forward to attending. The caterer left, carrying an Appalcahian sweet bread and a bag full of pao de quiejo.  She said it was the best meeting she ever had.


 Something to think about other than coronavirus.


Comments

Marcia said…
You won't regret that decision. There will still be a lot to take care of. You've just removed one biggie from your to do plate.
A wise decision that will let you truly enjoy the wedding, Mother of the Bride!
Mary said…
Smart decision , you should enjoy the wedding. I think you will be happier, just do the fun stuff. .
Leanna said…
Admirable decision. I don't think you would have any time with your daughter if you had to do all the cooking and serving too. The food in these pictures looks yummy as hell. Was this a small dinner for you and your daughter and the chef?
I pray to the Goddess that this virus will have had it's run through and nothing will stop this blessed day from happening.
BTW, that meme at the end, I saw a meme with that with a German Shepherd and speed gun.
You're absolutely doing the right thing, just relax and have fun :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
i bet the caterer is going to love the job as they will know a foodie when they meet one.
Guillaume said…
I will say like the others: you took the right decision. Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is and it takes enough time and energy, let others do the cooking!
TARYTERRE said…
sounds like you have a handle on the wedding planning. this way you get to actually enjoy the festivities. it'll be terrfic i'm sure.
Mystica said…
I'm coming to the party very late, but congratulations mother of the bride.