Quarantine Day #11 More Cooking





I finally tackled a cake I've been wanting to make for quite some time.  It didn't come out quite as I hoped but I learned a lot and it will be much better the next time.

 Now my husband has to polish off a whole cake.


 He's managing to do it one piece at a time.


I made pizza for dinner last night.




I made a mini one for The W's.  Winnie and Willie are pizza puppies.  Winnie liked hers so much that she rolled on it.

 I decided to try making skillet pizza.   This is the recipe for the dough that I used:



 The next day, remove your dough to an oiled bowl, cover and let rise an hour or so. When you are ready to make the pizza, preheat your oven to the highest setting.  Mine was 550 degrees.

 Oil the skillets and place half of the dough into the bottom, stretching it to meet the edges. Top it with cheese and whatever you like.

 Bake them until they are turning brown on top.

Make sure to use heavy oven gloves because the pans will be killer hot.

Comments

Your husband is such a trooper to take on that entire cake, LOL! And that pizza looks absolutely delicious too.
Mary said…
That pizza looks so yummy! Poor guy a whole cake for him, luckily you have dogs to walk .
Both the cake and pizza looks delicious :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
It all looks delicious, as usual. I wish I had your cooking skills. I'd like to have that sort of cake for my birthday.
I love the checkerboard looking cakes. Poor guy with a whole cake.
Rain said…
Oooh, you didn't tell me about skillet pizza my friend!!! It looks SO GOOD, and lol at Winnie for rolling around on it! I think I would too hee hee!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Ooohhh... I think I will be trying that pizza!