Quarantine Day #27, Cooking for Friends

 The Bandito Blog Tech....this is how he looks these days when he is walking Ziggy.


 I have two elderly friends that live a couple blocks away from me and they really don't cook much.  They are quarantined from each other and I think they were both going a bit crazy. So, I promised them food to give them something to look forward to.

I made them a loaf of rosemary bread which is their favorite.


 And I baked them a chocolate cake.

 I made a new pizza sauce:

1 diced onion
3 minced garlic cloves
salt and pepper
2 T. tomato paste
1 tsp. crumbled oregano
chopped fresh basil
2 large cans crushed san marzano tomatoes

Saute' the onions in a few tablespoons of olive oil.  Add the garlic, salt and pepper, oregano  and the tomato paste.  Stir in the basil. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.

 Set this aside to cool.

 I made some white pizzas with oven-roasted cherry tomatoes and sauteed kale.


 And I made some classic pizzas.


Fresh from the oven.  I baked them some pumpkin bread too for their breakfast.  I plan on doing this at least once a week until this is over.  They really needed something to cheer them up.

Comments

J.E. Bolton said…
Looks amazing! You all stay safe. (The Favorite Things Guy)
Oh, they'll enjoy all that delicious food! Tell them not to be scared if El Bandito drops it off!
Megs said…
You always find ways to help people feel loved!
Looks so yummy! Now I want one myself but it would take too long to make the pizza sauce so I'll just make some warm sandwiches instead.

The insane tomato said yesterday that we Swedes are suffering over here :-) :-) :-) Well the ones sick with the corona are most likely suffering but the rest of us are just fine. We can still go to bakeries, cafes, bars and stores just as long as we keep our distance to the other customers. So life goes on as usual for most of us :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Blogtech could be scary if you did not know who he was, but I suppose at work everyone knows.
Holly said…
The pizza looks scrumptious, thanks for sharing.
Guillaume said…
At least your friends will not go hungry.
Rain said…
Holy Mamma Mia, that pizza looks AMAZING. Isn't that sauce scrumptious??? :) Your Blog Tech looks scary lol...but good for him for keeping safe! That cake looks good too, I could eat half of that right now!
DVArtist said…
The food looks amazing. Your friends will appreciate the food and that you thought enough to care for them. Now this is what it is all about. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.
TARYTERRE said…
you are so sweet. always thinking of others, especially now. the food looks scrumptious. the blog tech looks very cool with the mask and shades.