Quarantine day #31 Lamb Bolognese for Friends

I am slowly working my way through my freezer using up things I forgot I have buried in there.  Yesterday's food prep was inspired by 2 # of ground lamb that surfaced.  My two elderly friends that live down the street are having a particularly hard time during the quarantine.  They have had to be separated from each other this whole time since one might have been exposed to the virus and the other one is afraid to be around her. Though the quarantine time is over for them, they are still keeping their distance just to be safe. They are especially lonely and I've found that when I promise them food, their spirits are lifted.  Honestly, it just gives them something to look forward to.

This is a decadently rich meal and perfect for chilly Spring weather.


 You can find the recipe here:

http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2014/04/spring-lamb-bolognese.html



 You can certainly substitute beef of pork or even ground chicken or turkey.  Lamb gives it such a special flavor though.


 Feel free to cut the recipe in half but I like to freeze some so I use two pounds.


 This is delicious enough to serve to company.


I made them some Italian semolina bread with a side of garlic butter too. 

Comments

Guillaume said…
I love bolognese already, making a lamb bolognese is like turning the dish up to eleven for me.
aBell said…
I too am enjoying using up items from the freezer, though my dinner offerings are not nearly as exciting as yours. I bet that couple does look forward to the meals you have prepared for them. I look forward to your blog postings each day. Thank you for sharing your cooking, recipes and thoughts on the orange guy.
Mine would have to be made with pork, but it sounds delicious. I am so sorry for old and lonely people. I am happy you are making their life more bearable and bringing them happiness.
DVArtist said…
You are such a good friend to the ladies. I know that they do appreciate your gifts of food/life. Be safe my friend.