Quarantine Day #41 Masks

 My girlfriend made me this cool Day of the Dead mask.


 I decided to take a shot at making some of my own.  And old gap shirt offered itself up for the cause.  I swear I am dyslexic.  I turned the mask inside out after sewing it and look....no elastic....it's on the inside.  Damn!  Back to the drawing board.





It ended up not being too bad.  Of course, it only fits if your ears are on the back of your head.  Next time, shorter pieces of elastic.


I ended up pulling out the embroidery thread and sewed one by hand.  The elastics were still too big.  It's a good thing I can cook because I sure as hell can't sew.




Comments

Those damn elastics, LOL! And I love that Charles Darwin "natural selection" meme!
Betty said…
I have been making masks for my Husband and it took me awhile to get them just right. Getting more supplies to make more today.
I will trade you masks for bread.
chickpea678 said…
Lolololol you crack me up! Maybe take up your friend who wants to trade bread for masks ;)!