Quarantine Day #44 Shrimp Salad Sandwiches



I made shrimp salad sandwiches for my family yesterday.  These are my DIL's favorites.

 I cooked the shrimp in salted water with Chesapeake Bay seasoning.  This was 4 pounds of shrimp to which I added 1/2 C. mayonnaise, 1/3 c. sour cream, 1 medium minced onion, 3 stalks of diced celery, 1 bunch of minced fresh dill, S&P, and a sprinkling of  Chesapeake Bay seasoning.

 You want it to be pretty dry so the buns don't get soggy.


 I baked some large hamburger buns.



Ingredients
  • 5 and 1/3 Cup Flour
  • 1 and 1/4 Cups water
  • 1/2 Cup  Milk
  • 2 and 1/2 Teaspoons Instant Yeast
  • 2 and 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 2 T butter, softened
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook  until a rough dough comes together. Allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.  Knead the dough for 10 minutes  The dough should be soft and smooth at this point. Add a couple more tablespoons of water if you need it. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
  2. Punch down the dough and remove from the bowl. Divide the dough using a knife or bench scraper into 12 even pieces. Form each piece into a ball by pulling the sides together, so that the dough is stretched and smooth. Place the balls seam side down onto parchment lined sheet pan. Gently press down the dough using your hand to flatten the ball until it is the size you want(don't worry it will rise back up). Cover again with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled, approximately 30-45 minutes.I brushed mine with butter.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Transfer buns to a cooling rack.





Voila!  Add some crunchy lettuce and you have a wonderful shrimp salad sandwich.


 We are working on whipping the gardens into shape, hopefully for the wedding!


Willie was resting his weary head.  He has a big noggin.



Winnie, little Miss Fussy,  was pointing out the weeds.

Comments

Valerie said…
Oh, I am going to make this! I love shrimp, and this sounds delucious!
TARYTERRE said…
can i come and live with you. you make the most delicious things. my mouth is watering. i love shrimp salad.
Guillaume said…
How I wish I had your cooking skills!
DVArtist said…
That looks really good. Thank you for the bun recipe. I have tried others that didn't turn out very well. I will give these a try. Willie is a handsome boy. My garden in containers is doing really well. I am glad I did it.
chickpea678 said…
Lol, Winnie was pointing out weeds! Yum, that sandwich look delicious! What “size” shrimp do you use and do you just boil before you mix it up? I’m so impressed by all your baking!