Quarantine Day #64 Food Deliveries

How quickly things change these days.  When we, and everyone we knew, went into quarantine, people were scared but were rather enjoying binge-watching TV and ordering in from restaurants.  But as time went on, boredom crept in and people became frustrated by being stuck at home and not knowing how long this would last.  Most people I know quit ordering in because it was just too expensive. I really noticed the difference when we moved into the third month.  Everyone has been looking for distractions.  I decided that when I can get enough ingredients together, I will cook for friends.  Last week I made a vat of taco mac and cheese for one group and they ate it for a week.  Yesterday, I made lasagna for 4 other groups.


This lasagna is huge.  It's about 6 inches high.  I was able to split this up and everyone got enough for several meals.

I put meatballs in it too which made it even more substantial.

It turned out to be one very flavorful lasagna.


One of my friends is crazy about my salt rise bread so over the course of a few days, I baked her 5 loaves.
I baked Italian bread too.

I gave it to them with tubs of garlic scape butter.


I filled boxes with the food and some other treats.  My daughter baked them cakes and made some chocolate candies with fresh berries.

I am always cooking and baking and giving food away but I haven't found recipients to be quite as gleeful as my quarantine friends.  There's not much I can do right now except for this and it helps to break up the boredom for a short while for a few people.

Comments

Valerie said…
Giving food is giving life and love. Bless you.
Teacats said…
Hospitality is the Oldest Deepest Magic throughout the World - gathering, creating and giving food is indeed proof that life and love goes on and brings shared strength and purpose to those inside and quarantined.

Goddess Bless your Hearth and Home!!
Leanne said…
I bet you are soo loved in real life!! Nice full tummies for all
Guillaume said…
Yummy, yummy, yummy. I had food delivered recently. Not as good as this food.
Susan Heather said…
That all looks so good - I was surprised when you said that you hadn't found recipients to be quite as gleeful as your quarantine friends. Shame on them.
chickpea678 said…
Lucky recipients! I’m going to try to remember that meatball in lasagna idea!
Oh my! I will bet your friends are loyal and ecstatic.
DVArtist said…
You are a model for all of us. Giving is the best part of life and giving food is at the highest level.