Quarantine Day #83 Fried Rice

The Blog Tech and his father love fried rice so I surprised them and made some for them this past weekend.  The Blog Tech's was dropped off on his porch. If you want to make this, make some rice the day before and refrigerate it.
I cut chicken onto small pieces and sprinkled it with turmeric and cumin.

 Then I added some diced ham.


 Slice a can of water chestnuts and kale. You want to have everything prepped and ready to use before you start cooking.


 Dice red pepper, celery, an onion, a couple carrots, fresh ginger and mince about 6 cloves of garlic.

 Good fried rice has a lot of umami flavors.  I used fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, 1 T. of gochujang, salt and pepper, mushroom powder, chicken bouillon, and yes, MSG.  I use MSG, all of the bad press about it was false.  It was fake food news.


 First, cook the ham and chicken in a few tablespoons of oil.  Remove and set aside.  I missed a pic, as usual, but cook about 4 scrambled eggs and set them aside too.

 Next up, cook your vegetables for just a moment or two.  You don't want them to be mushy.

 Add your rice and mix it thoroughly with the vegetables and then add your seasonings.  Add the eggs and meats.  Toss and toss.  Add some sliced green onions.

Taste it and adjust seasonings.  I made about 2-1/2 quarts of this so you can adjust the amounts accordingly.  The Blog Tech ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it was gone.

Comments

Mmmm, I love a good fried rice as a treat every now and then too.
DVArtist said…
yummmm, Mr. M. loves rice in any form. I make fired rice but not like this. I will give it a try. That for sharing.
Guillaume said…
I like a good fried rice.