Pumpkins!!!

 My daughter and I decided it was time to go pumpkin hunting.  We've been quarantined for so long and we thought it was safe to be together.  So, we took off early to drive far out in the country searching for all things orange. 

 We passed fields of corn and soybeans.


And then we saw this.  A sign that we were in pumpkin country.  The flags mark the place where a pumpkin maze will be built.  We knew pumpkins were close by. 

 And there they were, along with mums!

 What a beautiful sight.

 We picked out our special ones, paid, and headed home. The car was so full that we couldn't fit anything else in it.


 We hurriedly arranged them on the patio and out front.

 The W's immediately checked them out but my arms were full so no pics of that.


 My blow molds were happy to see their new buddies.

 I had to set some of the mums out of the way of two very rambunctious puppies because the W's are rough and mums break easily. 


 On a side note, I have 3 ears of corn forming on the corn stalk planted by the squirrels.


 Every time I see the pumpkins, I have a big smile on my face.


 We all love these little orange orbs of joy.





Comments

"Little orange orbs of joy" -- perfection!
I wonder if the squirrels will harvest your corn.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
ha! you are probably right. and here i am being self-centered and thinking they planted it for me.
Guillaume said…
Lovely, lovely, lovely pumpkins.