Scottish Food

My kids came over on Sunday to watch some football and to eat Scottish food. Every once in a while I need to tap into my Scottish heritage. I made a new recipe for rolls to go with it.


You can find the recipe here:

https://icecreaminspiration.com/overnight-yeast-rolls/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=433887034_14814958_109843

 

I made skirlie which is sort of like a stuffing but made with pin oats.  It was very good!

I made a big pot of mince which is made with beef and pork and lots of deliciousness.


I served it with some creamy mashed potatoes (tatties).


Though this is not Scottish, it's my kids favorite broccoli so I added it to the menu.  Broccoli with Welsh cheddar.  Close to Scottish!


I added buttered peas too. When you eat this you pick a bit of everything up together with each bite.  Heavenly.


I made mini pumpkin bundt cakes for dessert.

My Daughter made these apple cider, cinnamon sugar whoopie pies. It was a fun day.


 

Comments

Och aye, looks grrrrrrreat!
Leanna said…
Everything is making my mouth water. The mini bundt cakes look so cute!
I like to eat some food by getting a bit of each in a bite.
Valerie said…
Oh yum! I'm coming to your house for football!
Guillaume said…
Looks absolutely delicious. I have some Scottish blood, so I should tap into my own Scottish heritage.
Rain said…
That meal looks SO comforting!
Teacats said…
My mum made wonderful mince with tatties -- and sometimes added mashed parsnips to the tatties too! Peas - of course! And really "guid" (good) baps (a soft roll)

Your dinner really makes me homesick - and miss my mum!! :)

Cheers!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage