The Tool Shed

At long last, the guy that built the gazebo is here today to start to build my new tool shed.  And I am feeding him while he is here.  He will be staying at the guest house.  I made him a bunch of his favorite sandwiches.

And I made him a big container of chicken and dumplings.


I bet he will like these excellent gingerbread bars.

And my pumpkin bread.


These are bread and butter pickles that will go on his charcuterie tray.


Chocolate chip squares.

Ranch dressing which will be used as a dip for...


Chicken, bacon and cheddar rolls.


Loaves of pumpkin bread made with yeast which he can toast and eat with my homemade plum jam.


And Scotch eggs.


He can eat these for breakfast. I have a few more things to make for him today.  He gets to take all of the leftovers with him when he leaves. And wouldn't you know that after the never ending drought we've been living with, it is pouring rain.  It will rain all day today and tomorrow so he will be working in it.  The last time we had any real rain was when he built the gazebo.  Go figure! Maybe besides being a truly gifted carpenter, he is also a rain man.


 

Comments

Valerie said…
Oh my goodness, the food! I think I would pay to work for you!
Marcia said…
He may work pretty slow if you keep feeding him like that. Here's a question: when do you open as a B n B? or an Inn offering two meals a day or maybe even the American plan? LOL
Staying in the guest house and eating like a king! Plus getting paid! Pretty sweet deal. He'll probably want you to adopt him.
Leanna said…
JEEEZ WOMAN!!
You are just supposed to be feeding him not fattening him up for Thanksgiving dinner.
Sorry, I couldn't help it. It might take a while for him to continue working on the shed, well, because as I see it, he will most likely take his time because he probably doesn't get that kind of home cooking at home. He might just draw it out until after Thanksgiving.
Rain said…
Oh those Scotch eggs!!! They look so good, and so do the Cheddar rolls! I'm sure he'll be very happy! :)
Leanne said…
He sure will enjoy working at your place. Looks yummy
You must be one of the most popular people to work for :-) :-)
All food looks delicious!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Kay said…
OH MY GOSH!!! He must totally love working for you. I would almost want to learn to become a carpenter to work for you.
Diane C said…
Oh my what wonderful looking food. Most folk here in the UK don't use the pumpkin flesh, last year I made a lovely pie, might have a go at pumpkin bread, hope it's not too hard to make.
Mary Bolton said…
You are feeding him so well, he may never leave!
Okay. Now what is his motivation to do this job in a timely manner?
Guillaume said…
Yum! That is all I can say.
Teacats said…
Wow!! Staying with you AND wonderful homemade cooking too!! He is truly blessed!! Hope you post lots of photos of the Tool Shed during the building process!

Cheers!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage
Bee Haven Bev said…
I can’t wait to see it!
Sharon Wayne said…
I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.