The Tool Shed That Isn't

No politics today, I can't handle it.  This is a mail in election so we won't know for a while anyway.  So, on a lighter note, here is my new shed.  My husband took over my potting shed to the point that I couldn't even enter it.  He stuffed it with tools and whatnot and it was driving me crazy.  I enlisted this wonderful artist to create a tool shed so I could take back my potting shed.


He built it in sections in Kentucky and drove it here to assemble it.  The assembly took 5 days.  He is quite the perfectionist.


I love the storybook look of it too.


He recycled an old window to let the light in.  He built the shelves using old barn wood.


Wonderful detail.


He vented and screened the back for air circulation.


The entire shed is held together with wooden pegs which he also made.


I can hang things on them too. It looks like it was built a hundred years ago.



I love the door handle he made.


Hand forged studded nails on the door.


A sloped roof and yes, we had a little bit of snow.


My husband took one look at it and said that we can't disrespect it by filling it with tools.  I agreed and immediately ordered a shed from home depot to hide on the property and house his tools.  The new shed is mine!!!


Yesterday to de-stress and avoid the news, I started cleaning the tools out of my old potting shed and bringing it back to it's former glory.  I also started decorating my new shed. I worked for hours and barely gave a thought to the election, it was wonderful.  I'm heading out there soon to do more work. The new shed won't have electricity until next Spring so I will use candles, oil lamps and battery operated lights until then.  I'll show you updates as I go along.  Unless I drop everything and move to Canada.
 

Comments

Rain said…
Oh I love every bit of it! The door is spectacular, it really does look like a fairy tale. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Great job by your carpenter!! :)
Marcia said…
At least the news this morning that it wasn't over yet was better than my bad dreams last night.
Mary V said…
What a wonderful shed, incredibly made. I was thinking about Canada too. The only problem is they still have a closed border. Trying to keep busy today, might reorganize a closet or two,
Laura said…
that shed is gorgeous!
love, kisses & magical wishes...

~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!
Bee Haven Bev said…
I love it!!!! It is perfect!! Can’t wait to see the inside once you have moved your stuff in!!
Sandra said…
That shed is a masterpiece. Just perfect. I'm trying to stay busy today too. Making birthday dinner for my daughter. Have a good day.
farm buddy said…
I am thinking about Canada too.
Leanna said…
The sheds look kinda sweet together like hobbits would live there.
Getting away from the craziness is a good thing. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I stayed up and watched movies to get my mind off of the election. I have reserved myself to accept the fact that we are back at square one. We didn't gain anything of significance in the senate but we kept the house. Even if Biden wins, the senate will fight him every step of the way.
Jan said…
I just love the shed. Can't wait to see what you fill it with. All of those details are just amazing. It's so hard to find craftsman like that now.
JustGail said…
The new shed is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
I'm glad the new shed is your special space now! I agree -- it's MUCH too nice just to put tools in.
Mary said…
That is one of the most fabulous sheds I have seen in a long time. Love it that YOU will have it also to enjoy with your unique style touches that make your dwellings so lovely to view and enjoy by your readers . Looking forward to watching it evolve. I am listening to Soundscapes Music to soothe my heart and soul this morning. Asking that our nation shines brightly today!
Nellie said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Avoiding the news today, too! My nerves can’t take it! I need to follow Mary’s lead and find some soothing music!
Beautiful!

A perfectionist and perhaps a food lover too :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
thought of you all day watching the election - thought you would be spitting tacks! Instead you were in your toolshed. A good choice! LOVE the shed and awesome workmanship
Guillaume said…
Looks gorgeous. Much nicer than our shed.
Mike said…
The shed looks like it's straight out of Harry Potter.
Mystica said…
I am watching a ball by ball commentary (that's cricket parlance!) and am amazed by the vagaries of the current President.
Helen said…
Looks like we might not need to emmigrate. Your shed is beautiful. When my aunt had an old shed replaced in her yard it was so much better than the old she ended up calling it the TajMahal.
Valerie said…
Oh, that is lovely! Enjoy!