New Year's Food

 We usually have a big New Year's Day party every year but not this year, of course. So, once again, I made food to go.  I fed my kids and a bunch of neighbors. One of my friends is Slovakian and rarely gets the food of our people so I fed him too.  Everyone's food was neatly packed and dropped off on their porches.  I brined and roasted a pork loin.

I made bread dumplings, lots of bread dumplings.


And rich brown gravy.

Bread dumplings and brown gravy are a little bit of heaven.


Kielbasa and sauerkraut is always a part of my New Year's Day menu.


And halushki. I sometimes wonder how much halushki I've made in my life.

Everyone got a loaf of homemade rye bread to eat along with the meal.


Brownies....


And chocolate chip cookie bars were their desserts.

Comments

Leanne said…
Happy New Year to you. I bet everyone appreciated the feast delivery
That all looks delicious, as usual. I think I need brownies.
Guillaume said…
It all looks so delicious.
Mystica said…
A very happy New Year to you and the family.
The food is unfamiliar to me but I love reading about it and looking at the pictures.
Karen said…
I would love to make the Bavarian bread dumplings and gravy next time I do kraut, pork and kielbasa. A favorite meal of mine. Could not find the recipe when I searched. Could you share?
Thank you so much
Your recipes are so good! Wish I had the time and talent to try your breads by dietary issues won’t allow me to eat?