Easter Preparations

Though we are vaccinated, as most of our friends are, this will be the second Easter dinner porch delivery.  It's still not safe to gather together inside with a bunch of people.  So, I've been getting ready to deliver a lot of dinners.  I made my mother's nut rolls....8 of them.


Everyone wants cookies.  I never dreamed that I would be the cookie baker I apparently am. I made these macaroon cookie nests yesterday.


And peanut butter cookies.


And vanilla tea cakes.  Many more cookies will be made over the next 4 days.


The sauerkraut is made and I will be turning it into my aunt's famous sauerkraut and spaetzle casserole as one of the sides.
 
Pierogies are made and frozen.  I'm about a third of the way there.  How about you?  What are your Easter traditions?

Comments

Karen said…
We also have ethnic food. Fresh and smoked kielbasa.......will make stuffed cabbage if I can find good sized cabbage leaves....fresh ham, potato, cucumber salad and Deviled eggs, Babbka and cheesecake. Have not had time to make pierogis so might wait until later.
Would you mind posting the sauerkraut casserole of your aunts?
Easter candy...lol. jk. Apparently you are a cookie baker and a very popular one! I have one question, a burning one--who helps with the cleanup? Where can i send my address for my Easter dropoff?
Those macaroon cookie nests are so cute and Easter-y!
I will skip all traditions this year, I just don't have the energy. I will bake a couple of breads though but I would have done that even if it wasn't easter :-)

All Your photos look yummy :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
JustGail said…
Other than the annual Cadbury egg to see if they are still ghastly sweet... nothing. Well for me anyway, DH will probably do his church thing.
Guillaume said…
You make me feel so hungry. And you put my own Easter preparations to shame.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Oh man.... nut rolls are my favorite!!! They look wonderful!
Guillaume said…
Oh my Easter traditions changed through the years: as a child my parents made a ham which I have always hated, so I had eggs instead (hardboiled). Then we used to go for an Easter brunch at the fanciest restaurant in the city. Then years later in Montreal I made lamb. I carried on this tradition in England, until I've decided to make an omelette so my vegetarian wife could enjoy the same meal as me. But more recently (last year) we decided to switch to spanakopita because she's not into omelette. We think going Greek is fitting enough. And we did an egg hunt with Wolfie, which will be a new tradition. There's plenty more traditions that we used to have in my family which I'd like to recreate, maybe one day.
Unknown said…
Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorite cookies. Yours look delicious. Happy Easter to you and your family.
Susan said…
I’d love to have your aunt’s casserole recipe, too!
Rain said…
Everything looks amazing, especially the cookies! You know what??? This is how clueless (and probably stressed) I am...I thought Easter was LAST Sunday, so I have no plans...I thought I was making my cheesecake late, but apparently it's early lol...
Kathryn said…
I do not have any easter traditions.