Landscaping


This area of my garden has not been so empty since I created the space many years ago.  Cutting down the huge pines really opened up this area.  It's sad that the trees had to go but it has given me a clean slate to start all over again. I have been pouring over books studying what I want to plant.

This raised bed will be fully planted and I have the seeds for the plants started under my grow lights. There is a lot of cleaning up to do first.

 

I took these pics so that I can compare the before and after when it is done.  I want to plant mostly perennials so it will take a few years for them to fill the space.


You can see how large the space is that I have to play with.  I definitely need to plant some pine trees again.

There is so much work to do!  I have to clean the potting shed.


And I have to find the right spot for this very heavy pair of mushrooms my daughter just bought for me.


I noticed the daffodils are coming up.


Oh, and today was grooming day.  The Blog Tech sure has his hands full.

 


This little boy weighs almost 100 lbs.. Willie, not The Blog Tech, though Willie is looking almost as big.

Comments

Good gawd, Blog Tech, don't give yourself a hernia!
jaime said…
Willie looks like he is cooperating about as much as a heavy piece of furniture -- or those mushrooms! Having a spaw day appears not to be one of his favorite pastimes.
Guillaume said…
The Blog Tech looks like he's carrying a Scottish ox! Oh and I LOVE that shed. I want one.
Rain said…
Blog Tech looks like he's saying "geeeeeeeeez..." LOL...you have a nice clean slate to grow in that area!!
I do like how that shed looks!

Lots of space to plant, a gardeners dream :-)

A storm passing by and it looks like we'll mostly get rain here even though it's snowing right now, I'm so glad Albin rather stays indoors when we have weather likie this :-) :-)

Willie is much bigger than he usually look in the photos :-) Beautiful boy!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Unknown said…
Lovin' those mushrooms.
Unknown said…
What a lovely stuff you gifted for your fans and landscaping fanatics and also new reader like me. My heart got peace and feel a pleasing breeze after ending the details your dropped on the page. The garden space, cleaning efforts, planting pine trees, daffodils every focus was really a sweet read and experience. The mushrooms look so beautiful. Love your gardening ideas and thoughts. Also I would like to add about landscaping toronto that may be interesting and useful to many guys landscaping lovers. Anyway, I also would like to say my hearty thanks to you for sharing such sophisticated spacing and gardening idea.
Sarah said…
Outstanding project! I was wondering online to grabbing some ideas on new home design and custom home builder with affordable price and fortunately i found this landscaping post. This was really a mind-pleasing experience. The tiny colorful house, green plants and other home objects you described here made me impressed. Of course love to say my hearty thanks for this wonderful presentation. Also few minutes back I found custom home builder in Prince Edward County that was my great discover as per my browsing quest and hope for the new home building this site can be very useful.
Alicia said…
Literally this was a hilarious journey and experience to your octoberfarm treasure world. The landscaping ideas and efforts you unveiled in this post completely made me excited. I was mostly impressed how you brought the essential points at a glance. Love your landscaping thoughts and ideas. Anyway, any home guys from Toronto, planning a backyard makeover? Well, landscapingvaughan may be your backyard landscaping friend.
Outstanding job! Searching for a nice content on the web and came to this post. If you're looking for window replacement in Bolton, Cedar Hills Contracting is the right option for you. We install the type of windows you are looking for.