A Cookie Hangover

Well, Easter is over and everyone was well-fed.  I made a big ham.
 

And spaetzel which was mixed with caramelized onions, sour cream and my sauerkraut.  (Recipe will be posted later.)


Halushki...we had to have it.


I made a new roll recipe which was excellent.  I will post this recipe soon.


These might be the best rolls I've ever made.


I forgot to take a pick of all of the food but my daughter too this pick of her plate. I made pierogies and they are in the middle.  Polish food is not particularly attractive but it sure was good.

And now for the cookies!  Everyone was looking forward to their cookie platters and everyone ate a few too many.  I made these coconut nests with chocolate eggs.


Lemon sugar cookies.


Fresh old fashioned orange cookies.


Large cutout bunnies.


Small bunnies.


Ducks.


Eggs and so many more. My daughter baked dozens of cookies to add to the platters too.
  
    


Everyone got nut rolls.


And they each got a separate dozen of peanut butter cookies.  I don't like to put them on the cookie platters because the other cookies pick up the peanut butter taste.


All of the platters were wrapped and tied with pink bows.

Though people were very happy to get the food, they really enjoyed their cookie platters the most...a little too much.




 

Comments

Well, if one MUST have a hangover, a cookie hangover is the best!
Mike said…
I didn't know Easter was going to add 5 pounds to me. I guess I'm not going to eat for the next 5 days.
Guillaume said…
Iwould have had a few too may myself. And my son too.
Leanna said…
It seems that you always outdo your last holiday. Always improved. I love it.
Chief Squirrel said…
Hmmm...
Kapusta?
Czarnina?
I think I might have a cookie hangover just from looking and drooling.
Kay said…
Oh goody grief! Now you have my mouth watering.
Unknown said…
Oh my, those cookie platters all tied up with that pink bow.