Slowly The Garden Grows

Things are beginning to fill in.  I still need to reposition the large rock in front of the witch shed.


Each morning the pups and I go to the lower gardens as early as possible to beat the heat. I open the potty shed and light incense all over the garden, it magically keeps the bugs away.


Roses are blooming and will be for quite a while.  Most of the ones I've planted will bloom throughout the summer.


Ignore the weeds.  I need days of weed pulling.  I am planting lots of things in pots this year until the big trees are trimmed and I can determine sun positioning. Plus, I can move them around to see where I like them the best.


The hillside is filling in with dianthus, succulents and assorted other perennials.  


These beans probably need more sun so they aren't growing as fast as they should.  We are having a lot of very big limbs cut off of a bunch of trees so I am hoping this brings in quite a bit more light.  


The rose on the right is slow to grow though they all get the same amount of water and sun. It is different than the others so I am assuming that is the reason.  I've planted aver a dozen roses this year to add to the charm of the eventual cottage garden.  This Fall, I want to plant hydrangeas and peonies.
 

The vegetable garden is growing by the day and will be a jungle in not too long. I've planted 2 dozen tomatoes, cucumbers, fennel, eggplant, peppers, celery and about 6 types of beans.


The foxgloves were potted yesterday and I have 3 pussy willows to get in the ground.


Some of these roses have been here for many years and are more like weeds.  But they still bloom vigorously so I am leaving them for now.


My new arbs are growing nicely though I spend a lot of time watering them.  We haven't had rain in weeks and I am doing a rain dance  hoping today's forecast is right and we will have some storms.
 

Comments

Loks so beautiful! Just imagine how it'll look in a few years!

We are way behind up here, still only spring flowers in bloom.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
I am so envious of this garden. I do the same thing in my garden with the incense and it really does keep the bugs at bay. So much beauty and you have Pussy Willows!
Oh, I could cry!
jaime said…
I can only imagine how incredibly fragrant your garden must smell either early in the morning or after a rain shower. That and puppy breath are two of the best smells on earth. Your kitchen would rank in there as well.

You are so talented. You cook, you create gorgeous gardens, you grow food. The list is endless. You must be doing something magical!

What kind of incense keeps bugs away? I could start burning it...lol. Seriously, what kind? I love your garden.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
actually, just about any kind works. i happen to have a lot of patchouli so that's what i use. my daughter walked up to the garden the other day and said she could smell a hippie commune from blocks away...i guess the bugs can too.
Unknown said…
That hippie commune comment from your daughter had me laughing. Our rains are starting to come but we're still a bit too dry for my taste. We're supposed to get some rain next Mon. Tues and Wed. so the rain dance I did is working.
Guillaume said…
Gorgeous garden and pictures. I wish, really wish I had your skills.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Your gardens are always lovely. Would like to see more of your witch shed!
Rain said…
I love that you burn incense. I need to try that when I'm out in the yard. I love the witch shed...you have so many nice beautiful plants growing!!