Cherry Tomatoes

I am picking about a pint of cherry tomatoes every day now and they are wonderful.  Yesterday, I made this simple pasta dish for dinner. I minced 3 cloves of garlic and add them to 1/2 cup of the best olive oil I have.  I cracked in some black pepper and sprinkled in some seas salt and Urfa pepper flakes.  I cut some fresh basil and parsley from the garden, diced it and added it too.  I also added about 1 tsp. of lemon zest. Next, I sliced up all of the cherry tomatoes and stirred them around with everything else. I let this sit at room temp for a couple of hours, stirring it occasionally. I boiled some pasta, drained it and added it to the sauce. I served it sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan and garlic bread.  Fresh, easy and very tasty.


I try to make something for my workers every day.  They are working long hours in this grueling heat and I feel that at least I can give them a treat to look forward to for their break. My daughter pitched in and baked them a chai strudel coffee cake for this morning.


  

I so appreciate the excellent job they do and this is just a little way of saying thank you.


 


Comments

Mystica said…
The sauce sitting around for a couple of hours is new to me. I think it must be really developing the flavours by then.
You spoil those workers! LOL, I'm sure they love you!
I've found the first tomatoes for the year on my plants :-) It'll take some time until they are ripe enough but at least I now can see them grow :-=

I'm pretty sure people love to work for You :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
jaime said…
Thank you for reminding me of the no-cook tomato sauce I used to make. Very similar instructions to yours, but I served mine with goat cheese. Something not salad to add to the cool dinner list.

The coffee cake looks delicious. Any chance your daughter would share her recipe?

Stay cool and safe.
Guillaume said…
There is no such thing as boring pasta, as one of my Italian friends once told me. Oh and I love that cake too.
Unknown said…
With the yummy things you make your workers are going to be counting the hours until break time to taste all the wonderful goodies you make for them. I'm sure it's the best part of their day.
What is there motivation to finish the job? I would love to work for you every day!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…

Wow, very nice and delicious food tips you have shared. It seems like you're a cook freak person. I really like your passion and efforts. I'm also doing my favorite work in order to reduce my stress. However, the photos you have shared are very mouthwatering. It is obvious that the photographer took the photos very carefully. However, I’m working with different photo retouching services. Thanks for sharing.photoretouching