Folded Breakfast Burrito

This is a fun and neater way to eat a burrito.  I started by making refried beans.  You can use store bought if you want but these are simple and oh so good.  I've been making them this way for 50 years and have never changed the recipe.  Saute' some diced onion, celery and 3 cloves of minced garlic in a bit of bacon grease or olive oil until softened.  As they are cooking, mince some fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme and add this to the onions.  You can use dried herbs if you don't have fresh. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper.  I add a lot of pepper to these. Drain one can of beans and add them to the pan; I used pinto beans.  Stir and cook until the beans are warm.


Mash them and add about 1/4 cup of chicken stock.


You can add jalapenos if you like too.
 


You need the large burrito wraps to make these.


The filling is your choice but this is how I made mine.  Brown some sausage with some garlic scapes.

Add beaten eggs and scramble.


Top with some grated cheese then place it in a warm oven until it melts.

Chop some cilantro and slice some cherry tomatoes.


From the middle of the wrap, make one slice.

Cut a wedge from your eggs.


Place the eggs on the wrapper in one quadrant, spread guacamole in another and refried beans on the third.


Add the cilantro and tomatoes.


Fold the empty quadrant like so.


Then continue to fold until you have a pocket.



At this point you can eat it like this of you can brown it in a bit of butter in a frying pan.




Comments

Kathryn said…
Good morning. 💕 You are so creative. During the pandemic, I started baking cookies weekly and we now have high cholest, first time in my life to have these high numbers.

If health was not our priority, I would cook that right now!
Have a wonderful day
You assembled that burrito with military precision! I'm impressed!
so smart!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Unknown said…
That was pretty clever. We love burritos around here so may give that a try. My husband won't touch jalapenos (I know) so I'll substitute green chile. Thanks for the recipe.
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, the food looks so yummy and tasty. After seeing the food photo I cannot resist my tongue. Very well captured along with the editing work as it seems so vivid. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I’m also working on a clipping path platform for the editing kinds of stuff. Anyways very good sharing; please keep posting more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. clipping path