Heat and Humidity

I am officially living in hell, otherwise known as Spring in the Northeast.  It was 75 degrees when I went out at 4:30 this morning.  The humidity is off the charts and I felt like I walked into a wet wool wall.  I guess humidity makes me alliterate.


So, to add to the heat and discomfort, what do I do?  I turn the oven on to 500 degrees to make pizza. 


While it was on I baked two chocolate chip pound cakes.  One for the hubs and one for my neighbor.


And I threw together a strawberry/rhubarb pie.  I might not cook for the rest of the week.  It's not even Summer yet. Gross.
 

Comments

Valerie said…
Yes it is so hoooomid here in SC! We're in the mid-80s,90s for the rest of the week. I want to work outside but I can hardly breathe! Take care and drink water. (It must be the weather--I baked two loaves of zucchini bread yesterday)
I won't tell you how nice and cool it is here then. I plan to make a rhubarb strawberry crisp later this week.
Guillaume said…
I hate when it gts like this in summertime. So far here it is bearable, but I dread the coming weeks. Oh, but that's yummy food you made.
It looks delicious!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Kathryn said…
NE girl here now in FL via SC... humidity in SC and the NE does not compare to FL however I feel your pain.