Progress

There is some progress with my basement project.  Nothing fun to look at but at least the holes on the floor are now filled up and I have lots of new plumbing.  Some of my pipes will be exposed when the project is done so i'm having my plumber install white PVC to match what will be my all white basement.  My mason even stacks his cement bags neatly.  I swear he is the neatest person I've ever known. That old hot water tank and heater will be gone.  I am putting the whole house on a high efficiency system. That large white post by the boiler is the chimney stack and it is not going anywhere.  One of the challenges of redoing a hundred year old basement is that you are stuck with ancient artifacts.  Most are best left alone.



The bathroom is still scary.  However, since they had to rip the entire floor out, a new one will be poured and it will be the one level area which means I can tile it. Fancy me!  Now I need to pick some out.


The kitchen area...can you imagine???


All of the doors in this basement are hobbit doors.  Most are carved into stone and can not be enlarged.  I had them open this one by a foot so at least I don't have to duck to get from one side to another. Lumber has been delivered and framing begins tomorrow.  Woohoo!  

I have many ideas for this basement but one that I am really hoping to fit in is one of these drying racks. You can enlarge the pic for a better look.  This rack is on a pulley and lowers from the ceiling to place things on it and then retracts right back up for drying.

Some inspiration.  I think I can get used to living with exposed pipes?


 

Comments

bobbie said…
Love the pulley operated drying racks! Your mason and I must be related!!
Guillaume said…
I can't believe how hard working you are. I struggle to just tidy up the living room after Wolfie.
Exposed pipes will only enhance the charm of the kitchen!
Megs said…
Everything looks so good! You are lucky to have a very neat mason and lumber! I love the pics of the kitchens.
Marcia said…
Is this to replace the kitchen you've been using?