Summer

For me, Summer has officially begun. Though the actual date is 3 weeks away, Summer for me runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  I didn't have my usual Memorial Day party this year for a number of reasons but at least I made typical Memorial Day food.  I made pulled pork sandwiches which everyone loves.  This is an old pic because of course, I forgot to take pics.
 

I made my usual macaroni salad.


And I made a southern pea salad.
 
I made a large jar of homemade caramel sauce to use to make a special dessert.


And I made some patriotic cookies.


These are almond sugar cookies.

This is how I used the caramel sauce.  Caramel banana pudding.


Don't these look delicious?

I topped them with whipped cream and fresh berries.  My daughter said these were the best desserts I've ever made.  I think she says that about everything.


I also made brown sugar, coconut bars and packaged them and sent them off to friends. And so Summer is underway.  My Fall countdown is about to begin!


Comments

babs said…
So ....recipe for the bananna caramel pudding since it was the best dessert you ever made. PLEASE!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
just type caramel sauce into my search bar to find the recipe and then type banana pudding in for that one. layer the caramel into the pudding when you are assembling it!
Oh yeah, that caramel banana pudding looks delicious!
Guillaume said…
For me too, summer starts with June. Hopefully this year it will neither be too hot nor too long. Bit either way, I'd love to celebrate it with a feast like the one you made.
Oh Bananapudding!! My favorite dessert! Your recipe of course :-)

All food looks delicious and the cookies yummy :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
count down to summer has begun for me.
Unknown said…
Banana pudding is one of my most favorite desserts and yours, of course, looked amazing. I've never had it with caramel sauce. Interesting.