My Summer Garden

My upper garden has been a bit neglected this year due to how busy I've been with the work at the guest house.  However, my perennials have been taking care of themselves and are all blooming right now.


I 'winter overed' 75 geraniums and they have all done so well.  For months I pinched off all of the buds and they filled out nicely.


Rosemary, thyme and oregano.


The gnomes are guarding the black eyed susan's. And the hydrangeas are full of colorful blooms.

The oakleaf hydrangeas have turned burgundy already, Fall is on the way.


I planted a lot of nasturtiums from seed all over the gardens this year and they are all growing like crazy.  Their leaves are huge.  We are about to have another 95 degree day hear and the humidity is off the charts.  Autumn can seriously arrive as soon as it can!  The W's and I are officially over this weather.


 

Comments

Laura said…
your garden is gorgeous!
~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!
Helen said…
The nice thing about perennials is if the 'take' they will just bloom like crazy and not need a lot of care. Beautiful pictures.
Guillaume said…
If that's a bit neglected how does it look when it has your full attention? Today I trimmed the rosemary bush with Wolfie.
Unknown said…
It doesn't look too neglected to me, I think everything looks beautiful. We've been getting lots of rain and the humidity here is about to do me in. Ugh!
Kathryn said…
Beautiful blooms, such a peaceful garden 💕
Rain said…
It's so beautiful Joyce. I love your gnome! :)