Up To The Mountains



My construction company is located up in the mountains and yesterday I had to drive up there to pick out the stone for my new kitchen island.  The island itself is going to be a fun project and I needed just the right stone.

I'm always looking for an excuse to head to one of my favorite areas.

We passed quaint country churches.

And wonderful farms.

We visited some horses.

 
And we saw beautiful barns.  I could live in this one!


Living in the city makes it hard for me to imagine how peaceful living on these farms must be.

This is the one I liked best.


If you click on it for a closer look you will see that the barn is painted with the Mail Pouch tobacco advertisement.  Sorry I don't have better pics but most of the farms sit far back from the road and I am driving as I snap them.


Red is the color of choice for barns in this area.




Hello cows.  We stopped to talk to this group and they just chewed their cud while checking us out.

It took me literally 5 minutes to pick out my stone and then we headed back home.  We did stop to buy local peaches, corn and black raspberries. We will be returning to this area soon for Fall festivals and pumpkin buying.


On the way home I stopped by the guest house to check out the new cement work along the side of the house.


And to check out my re-routed plumbing.  For years, as projects were done, workers placed plumbing and electrical anywhere that was convenient for them in the old basement.  When you do a project like this, everything must be condensed and made accessible. Little by little I am getting there.



Comments

You know that I as a Swede loves those red barns :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
A delightful little road trip!
My house was built in 1902, and no one ever took out electrical once they put in something new. The electrician could tell all the different types of wiring, all running parallel overhead in the basement. The plumbing went everywhere before going to place it needed to go.
Rain said…
Little by little! It would be driving me nuts waiting on everything to be done though. I love the photo of that barn, it's so cute! :)
Guillaume said…
Love the barns and farms too. Love the countryside. I hope you'll show us pictures of these places in autumn, as they'll look gorgeous. I admire your commitment to your project, finding the right stones and all. I am so not a perfectionist when it comes to house projects.
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, pretty cool captured!! The entire picture seems so live and natural and the settings of the pictures are also mind-blowing. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I have been working on different image post-production platforms for editing kinds of stuff. Thanks for sharing such lovely photos with us. Please keep sharing; I'll definitely visit your blog again. image post-production
Rezu Islam said…
Wow, what a wonderful trip. You captured all the pictures nicely.
Product Photo Editing