Pumpkins

I started yesterday by making Swedish cardamom rolls for the workers.


These guys are too funny, they are now asking me for recipes.


After the roll delivery, My Daughter and I headed out to amish country to restock our coffers.  After all the rain we've had, the countryside was lush.


We almost jumped out of the car when we saw our first pumpkins of the season.


And mums!


Fall is officially here.


We visited about 6 farm markets and one of them had a mama goat and her two kids.


I almost came home with a goat.

They got very excited when My Daughter gave them treats.


These tomatoes made me feel very guilty that I am not canning this year.  I tried to ignore them.


There was a wonderful assortment of heirloom pumpkins at this market.


I really love these old varieties.


They had so many types.  Notice the table in the foreground looking very empty? They are now mine!

These were huge bins of green peppers.


I wanted to hitch this trailer up to my car.


Ornamental cabbage and kale.


My Daughter and I had trouble choosing what we wanted.


Pumpkins come in so many colors now.  You can see yellow ones behind the white ones.




So many things to choose from and this is just the beginning of the season.


 

Comments

Marcia said…
Tuesday I went to a farm stand to buy corn and they had huge pumpkins for sale. I was tempted but decided to wait until after the house is painted this month.
JustGail said…
Gorgeous pumpkin selection - here it seems mostly all the "normal" ones. Maybe I don't get to the right places though. It's nice to see old heirloom varieties getting more appreciation the last few years. It would be a disaster if they disappeared and the genetic lines lost.
Rolls, pumpkins, and goats. And, you did not bring home a goat! I love the white, knobby pumpkin.
Of course they ask for recipes, how often do they work for someone giving them such delicious food? :-) :-) :-)

I like all colors on pumpkins but for me the orange ones are the "real" ones :-) Then again we don't have that many people who grow pumpkins so we're lucky to find any in the stores anyway :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
I'm please pumpkin shopping has begun for you. I'm hanging out to start raising some pumpkin seeds.
Leanne
https://www.theherbalistscottage.com/
Unknown said…
Is there nothing better than seeing mums, pumpkins and scare crows? That could only mean summer is on it's way out, and Autumn is on it's way in. Don't let the door hit you on your ass on your way out summer.