Winnie and a Gourd

I bought nothing for myself at the festival but I did buy this Jack O'Lantern gourd light for My Daughter.


She shares my love of all things Fall so she was thrilled to add this to her collection.


It has small bats flying around the top.


And it's surrounded with JOL's with different carved faces.


It has an orange bulb inside and casts JOL's faces on the walls when lit.


Two sisters grow these gourds, dry them and then carve and paint them.


I thought you might enjoy seeing Winnie's morning routine.  Before the sun comes up, she runs to the top floor and jumps on this pillow covered bench so she can check out what's happening out front.


This is part of her 'ruling her domain'.


Occasionally, she lays on the pillows and falls asleep.


She waits untill sunrise to make sure she hasn't missed anything before jumping down and coming back downstairs.


She fits perfectly on the middle pillow.


The queen on her throne.
 

Comments

All hail Queen Winnie! Love that JOL gourd lamp too!
I love the gourd. Having clean and painted many gourds, I can tell you that is a lot of work. But, I loved it. That will last for years!
Guillaume said…
I love that gourd. I want that gourd. My life is not complete if I don't have that gourd.
Kay said…
That gourd light is so cool! My granddaughter would love it too. Winnie is such a gorgeous dog.
Megs said…
She is so beautiful! She color coordinates with everything, too!
Unknown said…
Oooh that gourd is so cool. I love the way it lights up. Winnie is probably looking out the window searching for signs of Autumn like the rest of us.
TARYTERRE said…
winnie looks perfect on her throne. love, love that gourd.