Is It Thanksgiving Again

Sometimes I feel like I'm always making Thanksgiving dinner, probably because I always am. I was determined to not make it this year.  I was hoping that 'Willie Watching' would give me an excuse.  My Daughter and The Chef were going to prepare it.  Then his days off were changed. Thanksgiving is a big restaurant week because of people coming into town.  I also heard that The Blog Tech, his wife and her mother were going out to dinner for Thanksgiving. Plus, I always include a couple of old friends that live close by and they were lamenting having no turkey dinner this year.  Needless to say, I'm cooking!  My husband is taking over the Willie Watch as I get ready to feed everyone.  The will be delivered though, I can't manage the 'in house' part of it.  I'm making as much ahead of time as I can so I made my stuffing bread.  This is such a wonderful way to add more flavor to your stuffing.  You just add all of the herbs and spices to the bread dough and you have loaves of bread that taste just like stuffing.  I look at it as doubling your stuffing flavor.  If you want any of my recipes, just type them into my search bar on the side.




I roasted a turkey and saved the white meat for The W's.  Thanksgiving is their favorite holiday.  Then, I used the remainder of the bird to make gravy.  Preparing in advance makes your house smell like Thanksgiving for days.


First I made a rich turkey stock.  



Then, I turned it into a big pot of delicious gravy.


Today is pie baking day but yesterday I managed to make my workers a batch of pumpkin pie bars.


I made a tray of butterscotch pecan bars to give to everyone along with their pies.


And a tray of gingerbread bars.  I have three very busy days ahead of me. Have you started cooking yet?


Comments

The whole world would love to be invited to your Thanksgiving Dinners!
Mary V said…
If I knew where you lived I would just sit on the porch and sniff those lovely scents of thanksgiving. Have a great day…don’t worry I will not be stalking hahaha
It does look delicious!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Valerie said…
We've been prepping all week--today is dessert day. Two pumpkin pies (with fresh pumpkin pulp), a pumpkin cheesecake and my husband is making a next-level banana pudding from a Garden and Gun recipe (this month's). We enjoy the journey.
Yes, I have started cooking. I baked 20 sweet potatoes last week and froze them in portions for sweet potato bread and sweet potato pie. This is instead of pumpkin pie. I have plenty of pumpkin in the can in case I change my mind and make pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.

I made the cranberry sauce from whole berries and used half as much sugar as the package called for.

The apple pie has been eaten...lol. Well, we needed a little Thanksgiving right now.

The turkey and a turkey breast are done and ready for endless leftovers which we love. I will cook down the bones carcass and vegetables for good stock.

That leaves gravy and mashed potatoes. I also need to boil eggs so that I can put chopped boiled eggs in the giblet gravy.

I may have finished something else I cannot remember. Oh, we will have dressing, but I just don't feel like making it, so I have StoveTop Stuffing.
Unknown said…
Oh to be on the receiving end of one of your Thanksgiving dinners.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Ass always you spoil the people in your life! You are a good soul. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Guillaume said…
I never celebrated American Thanksgiving, but this looks delicious.
TARYTERRE said…
looks delicious. enjoy every moment. HAPPY Thanksgiving.