Italian Herb Bread


The W's got to take their first walk together in 5 weeks though Willie could only walk for half a block.  But still, it's progress.
 

Yesterday, I attempted to make the pasta dinner again.  Right after I made this loaf of Italian Herb Bread, I was informed that The Chef was called into work for an emergency and dinner was once again canceled.  


I froze the bolognese, put the noodles in a ziplock bag and called it a day.  


So much for the dinner that was never going to happen.  As for the loaf of bread, I gave it to my workers with some of my garlic scape butter.  It smelled really good!


Bread:
Topping:
I let mine rise for an hour before I braided it and then let it rise another 30 minutes before baking.  I brushed it with garlic butter when it came out of the oven.


 

Comments

Your workers all went home full and happy, with garlic breath!
Did Willie seem to relish walking out again? That dinner has had a rough history. But, the workers will probably work for free for your good cooking.
Must feel so nice for all of You to finally be able to take walks even though it's just half a block.

Except for the garlic I sometimes actually put those herbs in my bread, those times I want something else than just rosemary bread and it is a really yummy bread!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Oh yum. It looks so delicious. I want some. I am really, really hungry. This is not fair.
Susan said…
The workmen must love working at your home...and the garlic bread looks delicious. Willie must be thrilled to be outside walking again.
Unknown said…
For whatever reason that dinner is just not meant to be. But if you have happy workers you'll have productive workers so there's that. Yay for Willie's short walk.
Rain said…
The bread looks great. I'm going to have to try making that when I get a big oven...maybe I can try cutting it in half and baking it in the toaster oven? Not a bad idea. I love that the W's can walk together again, even if it's just a short distance!!! Willie is looking good!!!