More Progress on the Basement


This was my new pantry just after they put up the drywall.  This is an old basement room that was creepy, dark and filled with junk.  It has a tiny door and it sits up above the basement floor by about a foot.  This house was built into the mountainside and it is anything but level.
 

The room is painted as is the cement floor and the carpenters have started to install shelves.  


This shelf is going to be wider and sit at counter height so I can place my appliances on it and even use them in here if I need to.  You can see in the pics that I had the electricians place outlets all around the room.
 

The pantry should look pretty much like this when it is completed.
 

My floor is in the process of being sanded. This is the old cement floor which is wavy, cracked and also less than level. Once it is sanded, they will fill the cracks and then paint it.  I've always wanted a cement floor that I can just hose down if necessary.  I installed brass drains and i have a water faucet on the other side of that gray door so I can hook up a hose.  I don't know that I will actually ever have to hose it down but everything is in place if I need to.  And surprise surprise, my foreman quit the company last week,  great timing!  He and I have been planning and measuring and working together for 6 months and now he is gone.  I have a brand new guy coming next week.  Just shoot me now!
 

Oh, and just to remind you, this is a pic of the basement 6 months ago:

 


 

Comments

What a party you'll have when it's finally all done!
Is that wall really pink? If so, no complaints as it is pretty. What a thing to hear--that he quit. Hopefully, the new guy will be good too. Just when you trained him. Maybe the guys will tell him how well you feed them. It all looks great.

I threatened to put a drain in the kitchen floor so I could hose it off after my kids made messes.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
pink is the color of the drywall. all drywall is color-coded now. nope...no pink walls for me. i am most definitely not a pink person.
Starting to look good!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Starting to look like something.
Susan said…
Great progress and everything is looking outstanding. What a shame that you've lost your key guy mid-stream. Let's hope the new guy is as good.
DrumMajor said…
It's fun looking at your plans turning into progress. If you keep providing those wonderful food treats to the workmen, you'll have the new guy trained in a flash! A long time ago, light blue drywall was for the humidity in bathrooms. Linda in Kansas
Unknown said…
Sorry your foreman quit. I'm sure that came as a surprise to you. But your pantry is still gonna look awesome when they're done, with or without him. Like you, I am not a pink person. I do not like the color pink at all. The only thing in this house in that color is a box of Pepto-Bismol tablets.