The Pasta

After going to the trouble of making the bolognese, I wasn't about to just throw it on store bought pasta so I made some myself.  Making pasta is relatively easy though it does take time.  Start by mixing 2 cups of all purpose flour with 1 cup of fine semolina flour, add a tsp. of salt and whisk it together.  Dump it on a board and make a well in the middle.


Crack 6 eggs and 1 T. of olive oil.


Pour the egg mixture in the well and whisk it a bit and then start pulling flour into it.


Just keep stirring and pulling flour in.


Once the flour is incorporated, form it into a ball.  Cover the ball with a bowl turned upside down and let it rest for 30 minutes.


I made an additional half recipe when my offer to send some to my neighbors was accepted.  This pic shows the eggs in the well a bit clearer.


And another of the mixing process.  After it has rested, cut it into sections and put it through the paces in a pasta machine.  I forgot to take pics of that.  I made mine into sheets to cut it into wide strips for pappardelle.


Hang it to dry.  I am going to try really hard to remember to take pics of the final dish tomorrow!

The Blog tech sent me this pic of he and his wife at the shower:



 

Comments

Nice drying racks for that pasta!
Mary V said…
I see you got the special, gourmet pasta drying racks!
I've never made pasta myself but it sure looks interesting :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
We made our own pasta once and it was catastrophic. I find your commitment admirable.
Susan said…
Your pasta looks outstanding. I want to live next door to you!
Rain said…
I haven't made homemade pasta in years!!! It looks great drying there. Nice photo of the Blog Tech and his wife, they do look happy! :)