Basement Update

There was a flurry of work just before the Xmas break.  It looked like Santa's workshop in the new basement.  This staircase was finished,


I now have a railing.


It just needs to be painted.  I have hated this staircase for 15 years and now I love it.  It has been transformed from rickety to sturdy.


The new bathroom pocket door is in place and has hardware.  There are no windows in this basement so I designed the bathroom and panty doors with opaque glass in them.  When the lights are on in these rooms and the doors are closed, they give you the illusion of shaded windows.


The panty still needs a sign.


Appliances!


The subzero was maneuvered into this spot with barely 1/4 inch to spare. 


This is the toe kick for my new island.  There is still much to be done but it's nice to see progress.


 

Comments

Valerie said…
Oh you are going to love working in in this space! Excited for you!
DrumMajor said…
Really nice! Does the SubZero have enough recommended space to not overheat?
Does your electrical box have enough strength to run all of your new lights and appliances? Hubby and I remodeled an old ranch farm house, and we had to upgrade the electric box. Linda in Kansas
Everything looks great, especially the stairs and new stair rail!
Guillaume said…
Looking good. I wish I had a basement like this one. I wish I had a basement, period.
Mike said…
Let us see how opaque the bathroom door is. Press your rear against it and have someone take a picture.
Susan said…
Beautiful. The work you are doing is impeccable. Love all the new appliances too.
Megs said…
So beautiful and really coming together!
Bee Haven Bev said…
It’s really coming along! Can’t wait to see it finished.