Cookie Platters

I like to try new cookies each year just to cut the boredom of baking so many. I made these chocolate gingerbread which were fun.  


And though I loathe chocolate, I made these brownie kiss cookies for those who don't hate it.


This is the process of making my cookie platters.  I made twelve of them this year and each platter holds about 7 dozen cookies.


As My Daughter and I bake, we store the cookies in airtight containers and keep them in a very cool place.  The day of the platter assembly, we open up all of the containers on my dining room table.  Then we start piling them on the plates.


As the platters grow, the containers shrink.


Here they are about halfway done.


It's a balancing act right down to the last cookie.


Then the wrapping begins.


From beginning to end it took almost 4 hours to make 12 platters.  It is very labor intensive.

I am always so happy each year when this task is completed.  My Daughter had never been with me when I made the platters before and she could not believe how much work they were.


Tomorrow starts deliveries.  I don't want to even think about cookies for a good long while.


I also baked a 22 pound ham.  I will be making porch deliveries again this year.


And I made 8 of these breakfast sandwiches for my workers this morning.  They are getting cookies too. 
 

Comments

Marcia LaRue said…
For sure you are making certain a lot of folks will have a very sweet Christmas!
Have you ever been accused of being an over achiever? LOL You certainly go above and beyond and I know your recipients are more then grateful for your generosity!
Those cookie platters are AMAZING and AWESOME. I have never seen anything like them!
DrumMajor said…
You have an amazing bundle of energy. With all of your preparation and deliveries, you are certainly an angel in your community. I'm surprised the remodeling workers don't move slower. They would get so many more of your delicious lunches and treats. Let us know when you open your store! Linda in Kansas
I would go nuts if I had to bake that many cookies :-) :-) They all look delicious though!
I took a test taste of my ham today, it's really nice :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
When I think of cookie platter, I am thinking of a much shorter stack of cookies. Those are amazing.
Kay said…
Holy smokes! That's a LOT of work. I can just imagine how happy and excited the recipients would be. And... I love chocolate!
Rain said…
Wow!!! So many beautiful delicious cookies! Joyce you're amazing. That breakfast sandwich looks so good, your workers definitely love you!! ☺