The Day After




We had a very nice Xmas dinner yesterday though it was a smaller group than expected.  For the first time in a long time, we were all supposed to be together, however The Blog Tech and his wife had to cancel.  His wife has covid, the delta variant.  Both of them are triple vaxxed as we all are but she still got it.  And she has been pretty sick too.  I made old fashioned shrimp cocktails to start. 

 

 And a 22 lb ham.  I delivered dinner to them and also to several other families.  They were supposed to leave for London tomorrow but of course they canceled.
 

I made  yummy braised kale and collards.  I missed taking a pic so I stole this off of pinterest.

I made 4 of these potato au gratin casseroles.

And lots of rosemary rolls.


So, though our gathering was small, I fed a lot of people.  The W's were beside themselves to have a Xmas dinner at home, even if it was only for 4 people.  They enjoyed it as they napped in a puppy pile. Though it didn't turn out as planned, vaccinations made this Xmas much better than last year.


Comments

Susan said…
What a shame! I hope your DIL feels better soon. Your dinners always look so tantalizing. And what a glorious pile o’ pups❤️
Guillaume said…
Sorry about your daughter in law. I would have loved to eat those shrimps. That's the kind of yummy stuff I miss around Christmastime. We used to have these cocktails all the time when I was growing up. Not so much round here. Unfortunately, I would have been a terrible guest: I hate ham. Turkey is my meal of choice for Christmas.
Everything looks delicious! Sorry that your daughter-in-law has covid, I hope she feels better soon and that the Blog Tech doesn't catch it too.
I do hope Your daughter in law gets better soon!

The food looks, as always delicious!

Have a good continuing of christmas!

Christer.
Mike said…
Not good news that the Blog Tech's wife is boosted but still got a bad case of Covid. My sister is boosted and got Covid. She wouldn't have known it had she not had a reason to go get tested.
Valerie said…
Your food looks awesome as always. Hope your daughter in law recovers quickly
Leanne said…
Hope your DIL gets well soon. Merry Christmas from us all here in NZ on a lovely hot summer day... you would have hated it.
I hope your dil gets well soon. The food looks delicious. I want to be your friend.
Susan said…
We are left to believe even fully vaccinated there is some risk. I hope your DIL does not require hospitalization and recovers soon. Your Xmas meal looks wonderful and the W's look very content having a nap after their meal.