Willie

Today is Willie's big day.  He gets his 2 month post op X-ray to see how his new knee has healed.  If it looks good, we can move into the rehab phase for 2 more months.  He has been such a good boy and has taken this all in stride though I know he can't wait to have the restrictions lifted.


My daughter bought him this little tree and my husband added twinkle lights. Willie spends the day laying on his little bed and one of us is always with him. This boy has a great big bed from Orvis with his name on it but he will only lay on this tiny little bed that was his when we first got him.


Winnie, on the other hand, is bored to tears with Willie's recovery.  She misses playing with her little brother.  Occasionally, she tries to jump on him and play and we have to yell at them to stop.  Puppies should never be yelled at and told not to play but what are you going to do?  Hang in there Winnie girl!


Yesterday my husband was the puppy sitter while my daughter and I baked Xmas kipples.


My husband was paid with cookies.  We are hoping he will be able to slowly walk up stairs so he can be back in the kitchen with me while I cook.  It's his favorite activity.  He is the Sniffmeister.
 

Comments

DrumMajor said…
Awwww. What a rough time for both Ws. (And both "hoomans.")
What about putting the patient's preferred old bed on top of his Orvis bed? But is that a good idea right now with his recovery? If it's fluffier and thicker, it might put the wrong strain on his knee. Good vet question. Interesting how his leg is folding inward when he rests. Wonder if that affects the healing pattern.
Good luck with the pups.
A true story you can read to the pups:
The kid and I had a Golden Retriever Frisky. When I inherited my Dad's Saturn car, it had leather seats. The first time Frisky ran bounding into the car's back seat as usual, she slid like a hockey puck across the slick leather seats and crashed into the opposite door. Whew! She didn't hurt anything. I immediately had all parts of the back leather seats covered with cloth at a car upholstery shop. Sounds dumb covering leather with cloth, but I didn't want any vet bills for broken bones! Linda in Kansas
Good luck, Willie! I hope you get the all-clear today for rehab!
Mary V said…
Fingers crossed for good news from Vet. Good idea about putting small bed in larger bed. Did something similar with cat getting a bed instead of towel in fav chair. Put towel over bed ,then half in bed then no towel at all it worked!
JustGail said…
I hope the news is good for Willie. I have to wonder if he's being so well behaved because he's enjoying all the attention and pampering he's getting. He might not want to go back to old ways.
I really hope that he's ok!

Christer.
Unknown said…
Never heard of Christmas kipples, but YuM! Good luck Willie, I'm rooting for you. So cute that he has his own little tree with twinkle lights.